Saturday, December 24, 2005

Meaningful poetry

A thanks to Will Powers for posting this. I had to post it too.

A Poison Tree

I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I water'd it in fears
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And soft delicate wiles.

And it grew both night and day
Till it bore an apple bright;
And my foe beheld it shine
And he knew that it was mine.


William Blake

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Polyman2 said...

Sometimes,
we turn freinds
into foes,
and foes
into freinds.
Sometimes,
it's hard
to tell
the difference.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

English is my second language and this poem is really deep even though I can't understand some of the words.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home