Friday, January 11, 2008

A fable?

As much as I love books, I don't recollect them well.
I'm worse with movies.
Songs, however, are a different story (no pun intended).

I read something recently, and it's bugging me that I can't remember the source.
Perhaps you can help me?
Was it in Eat, Pray, Love perhaps?

It was a mention of a fable, in which a man asks God to enable him to touch people's lives (inspire, affect, etc), but without his knowing the impression he has made.
So as the man walks along, all these miracles are taking place behind him...
in his shadow.

I love that idea, because none of us can ever really know the extent to which we might make an impact on someone else.
Sometimes it's the right question at the right time, or a comment that affects someone, or a shared experience.
Sometimes it's written on a blog, or an email, or a letter.
Sometimes it's your example.

Don't discount your impact...your shadow falls longer and wider than you realize.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home