Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Wisdom of the Ages

I tend to collect little bits of paper, no matter how I try to be more organized. I may be listening to the radio in the car, and feel the need to scramble about searching for a pen...to record some idea, spark, recollection, or quotation.

On my bedside table, there's a receipt on which I have written,
"A heart at peace gives life to the body."
Proverbs 14:30

I don't remember where I heard this, why, nor which translation (several translations of the bible list this quotation differently. 'Tranquil heart', for example. I like the version above best).
I think this may have been in reference to how stress makes people physically ill, how that is a documented fact.

Yet the cure has been around for centuries. It's so simple, really.
Just let your heart go, let it be still. I like that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home